Saturday, September 02, 2006

...nothing compares to you...

Sinead O’connor once sang of wisdom-filled words that went, “..since you’ve been gone, I can do whatever I want…” Yes, I can stay home whenever I choose, and I can indeed eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant. But are those really what I want? Sometimes I find myself alone, but not necessarily lonely. That’s because I have you in even the slightest crevices of my thoughts. It’s those times when I want you physically next to me that I really have this propensity to cry, because the loneliness just eats me up from inside, like a glutton chewing every part of me. I wish the deadly sins would take its effect a whole lot swifter and take this glutton of loneliness away to loneliness hell.

A friend wrote, not a few moments ago, and I quote, “always make your absence felt, in such a way that somebody misses you…” You surely have made your absence felt everyday, since you went far away. I’ve never known this much longing before. I’ve grown so accustomed to having you next to me that this alien feeling of you nowhere near is hard to bear. End my misery and return to me, if you deem me worthy of having you back again. The same friend continues, and I quote, “…but don’t let your absence be so long that somebody starts learning to live without you.”

Now learning to live without you, I’m sure, is something I do not have even the slightest will to do.

Not now.

Not ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww. is she back yet? :(

jet descallar said...

where have you been? this was years ago, the times have changed, two ice ages had passed, and another holocaust is on its way...

oh yes, she was back. and then went away again. and then back again, and then went away again... too many times that it seems like the ebbing of the tides.

no wonder im a lonely prick...

of course im just kidding.. :D

Anonymous said...

so things turned out well?