Friday, May 19, 2006

the distance that breaks us

It started with a simple crack; something that we proudly said could be patched up easily. And so we did. Then another crack. And another. Until the thing that binds us is blotched with packaging tape kind of patches. We hold on believing that the weak bonds will keep us through.

Then it breaks, and we’re lost.

A hundred miles away from home, I try not to cry, even though deep inside my tears are ready for a revolution. My heart is breaking, and the pressure it is causing is almost bursting through my chest. There are a hundred thousand thoughts swimming in my mind. I cannot release them through the spoken word because I am alone. The questions that I have all start with “why”, and the answers all end with your name.

I miss you so much. I long for you every waking moment. And in my dreams I restlessly wander the earth trying to find you so I can bring you near.

I want to hold you, feel your skin on mine. I want to inhale the breath that you give. I want to see your eyes, your smile, your hair. I want to hear your laugh, the sound of your voice. I want you, the whole of you right now right here. My wants turn to need. And my needs turn to requisites.

But you do not reciprocate. And I am left wondering why…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there again! I slept so late at night just to read your story..
In life, You really have to accept the word ACCEPTANCE.That's the most important.Just let it go man...

jet descallar said...

anonymous,

i'm flattered. but i do hope you get enough sleep, or else i might stop this altogether. hehehe kidding! sleep is good. :)

there's a fine line between acceptance and surrender. i don't think i have a good grasp of either. yet. :)