Thursday, September 20, 2007

...too much of hollywood...

I have had too much of Hollywood.

I imagine myself saying the words so playfully coined by Ari Gold, his half witted remarks doubled up or tripled up, more than make up for the profanity that they actually convey. I imagine myself the beauty that is Vincent Chase, followed maniacally by hordes of pretty women like the Pied Piper of Hollywood, lulling the ladies with a smile.

Sometimes I am Turtle, relaxed, content with being behind the limelight of it all, and yet always the one everybody else falls back to. At other times I am Johnny “Drama” Chase, the boisterous has-been-television-series-star-turned-movie-hero-wannabe who is still running after his almost shinning fame. I have a few dreams that I’d like to see lived through, in this lifetime.

But often times, I am Eric Murphy. Loyal, trusting, hardworking, and always on the lookout for true love. Minus of course the fact that he can’t get laid without stringing himself up with the girl. Have I ever thought I could be Lloyd?

Never.

I am lost in my fantasy of living the highly strung life of Hollywood, the glitter that it brings, and of how easy things would be if your worries are when your next movie will be released, or which car dealer would you give in to today, Mercedes or Bohemian? It would be so nice walking down the streets of LA with an entourage of my own. And then I look down on my two feet. They’re no longer on the ground.

There are times when I think that there had been a mistake in how and where I was born. My intended birthplace is really Hollywood, but someone made a blunder and had me chopping wood instead. I feel I am comfortable with brushing elbows with the Dennis Hopper, or raising a glass to Steven Spielberg. I can easily fit in the clubs frequented by Paris, while throngs line up outside, envious of me. This kind of life, I was made for.

But then again, I fall back to reality. The closest I could ever come to this life is through the remote control.

I have had too much of Hollywood.

1 comment:

slim whale said...

that's teh reason why i left hollywood and went back here.